TODAY, Thursday, March 1st, 2012 is World Book Day. Here are 10 great ways to celebrate where you are and to show words you love them, too!
1. Curl up with that brand new book, the one you got for Christmas that you haven’t had time to read yet.
2. Read poetry to your loved one in an intimate setting.
3. Donate books to a school or reading programme.
4. Volunteer to read at a school, in your community or on a hospital ward.
5. Get started on the 12 Barbadian titles in ArtsEtc’s recommended reading list. It’s a great place to begin. (See image below.)
6. Start—or finish—writing that book of your own.
7. Support your local author—buy Bajan!
8. Join, or start, a book club.
9. Make a pledge to find 30 minutes in your day, every day (OK, then, at least a couple of days a week!) to read to your child.
10. Join in Days Books’ World Book Day event TODAY from 2 p.m. at their store in Independence Square or catch the celebration live on Starcom VOB.